Archives May 12, 2005
The default ctypes auto-generated wrappers are really quite expensive, so I wanted to rework them. Luckily the entire function-generating operation is a single overridable method. The methods now look like this:
Working on the ctypes wrappers some more this evening. Spent some time making the code generate names for the arguments. Got deeper and deeper into that until I realised I was considering rewriting the whole generation engine... that's generally a bad sign.
So, back up a little and look at something else. Realised that pydoc ...!-->!-->
Spent the first half of the day installing the demo on the laptop. Lot of headaches with PostgreSQL until I decided to install the native (instead of the CYGWIN) version. The last half of the day was spent dealing with stupid little bugs in the live systems. Lot of annoying junk. Worse, it's still going ...