Yesterday I continued my refactoring of the ISP/VoIP billing and provisioning system... and went too far. I realised I went too far around 4pm, then stayed up past 2am trying to scale back to a reasonable change-set.
The problem basically was that I got so into the project that I started fixing every problem simultaneously, descending into the madness of trying to make a perfect user-written application... and thus a far too general application, verily even unto the threshold of an application framework, some might say, the dawn of a new language.
When I got to the point where I was defining database-based meta-classes and then generalising to allow for meta-meta classes it became obvious I'd gone too far.
This afternoon I'm going to attempt to scale back to the original idea, just unify the 6 or 7 different package-types with one shared ID-type that can be referenced when we want to reference anything-billable. Get that working first then worry about the rest of the machinery.
Pingbacks are closed.