Being a python programmer, I tend to write Python scripts to solve little problems that arise, for instance:
- Download my Sourceforge projects' CVS repositories into a directory for backup every week
- process CVS logfiles to help with generating changelogs
- add my python-coding sub-vocabulary to Dragon Naturally Speaking
- backup mozilla profile and secondary mail directories as well as .sig files
- fix CVS checkouts after sourceforge changed how CVS access works
- generate thumbnail files for my portfolio
- weak-referencing list/tuple sub-classes
- print out a metakit database's structure
- calculate fibonacci numbers
- generate mandelbrot fractals
- shuffle an M3U playlist file
- calculate sunrise/sunset times
Obviously, I can survive losing some (or even all) of those, but it would be inconvenient to have to reproduce them.
Pingbacks are closed.