I decided to try building Eric for the workstation (again) so that I can use the larger monitor, far better chair and generally better ergonomic support for development (comfort matters more and more as I get older). This time I tried to get Eric4 working. Ran into the same basic problem. SIP isn't Python 2.5 safe, so needs patching. Tried using a TLD linux patch, but for some reason it doesn't want to patch the sources I'm downloading.
Anyway, can't spend all day on this, so I suppose I'm stuck working on the laptop again. I could probably figure this all out if I just sat down and worked on it for a few hours (mostly learning the code-base, I'm sure), but given that people have already solved the problem (multiple times) I'm loathe to do that, even if the total time spent would be less than the attempts to just "make it work".
Pingbacks are closed.