PyOpenGL 3.1.0b2 Available for Testing
Last update on .
The second (and hopefully last) beta for PyOpenGL 3.1.0 is now available. These are the changes since Beta 1. If there's nothing critical showing up I'll do a final release in a few weeks.
- Generation fixes (lots of them)
- GLES/GL-only extensions should now be generated only in the appropriate directories
- Extensions which are multi-api will show up in each API package (note: custom wrappers are still written per-api)
- Freshly generated wrappers from the khronos API repository
- Late/lazy binding of all entry points (that is, we do not even attempt to resolve any entry point until we try to try to call it)
- All DLLs are now lazy-loaded, so we can define DLLs and entry points without paying for loading them in every script
- Export the nullFunction method in the OpenGL.platform namespace
- No longer export DLLs into the OpenGL.platform namespace, these are now in OpenGL.platform.PLATFORM (to allow for lazy loading)
- Setup script fixes for relative filename references
- Build fixes for cython on OS-X
- Remove duplicate checking for extension in createFunction()
- A bit of work on making a GLES2 shader wrapper as in GL
- Explicitly check for self._noErrorResult in error checkers rather than assuming no-error-result is always boolean False
- Explicitly return self._noErrorResult when error checking is suppressed
- VBO implementation is now separated out into per-api modules so that GLES can eventually get its own implementation
- OS-X fix for true-core-context with no error checking
- Refactor the OSMesa context into a platform and a module with the extension functions (OpenGL.osmesa)
- Make most "output" parameters use "orPassIn" flag so that they can be *either* generated or passed in
- Fix for shader log retrieval when using core shader implementation
- Provide OpenGL and GLES dlls on the EGL and GLX platforms respectively
- Reinstate intended default for context-checking flag (True)
- Remove support for extremely old ctypes versions from now-unsupported Python versions
- Accelerate wrappers regenerated with cython 0.20.1
pip install "PyOpenGL==3.1.0b2" "PyOpenGL_accelerate==3.1.0b2"
Pingbacks are closed.
Comments are closed.