Archives July 2009
We've had a number of discussions at PyGTA about the sorry state of the wiki/web-site. No one really uses the wiki features, and the whole site is overkill for what is basically just a bit of a description. So, for now I've hashed together a quick one-page site that looks like junk at the moment, ...
Say you want to trigger the submission of a form in jquery:
Simple, straightforward, robust... you think. Turns out in Firefox, if you have any form element (such as your submit button) named "submit", the submit referenced becomes that element, rather than the function to do the submission.
OMG, you think, has no-one thought ...
I installed the Chromium daily build in order to test a site in a WebKit browser that actually had a JS debugger (see previous post). All in all, quite nice. Strangely, though, it seems much slower than Firefox 3.5 on the site I'm testing. Takes quite a while for the backgrounds and the like to ...
Spent most of the afternoon and evening working on PyOpenGL testing today. Whole raft of small bugs fixed. Also did some refactoring of the OpenGL_accelerator support code, still want that to be cleaner. I've also added a top-level flag to PyOpenGL so that you can disable accelerator loading on a per-application basis. Unfortunately, that's going ...
Been playing around with the Python 2.6+ buffer protocol this morning. Notes:
- it appears that ctypes could support buffer-supporting objects being passed as pointers natively (i.e. at C speed), but it doesn't seem to (at least with my cursory tests) there would likely be a lot of corner cases that would need to throw errors ...
There's a 2.1.1a2 release of SimpleParse out. The only significant change is to allow building on Python 2.6 with Mingw32. Anthony Tuininga pointed out that the only place the compiler actually had difficulty with was in a debug printing function that isn't particularly necessary. I've completely gutted the function for now.
Thanks also to Alan ...
Have some time before a client meeting this afternoon... so here's the issue I've been turning over in my mind since it was brought up at the last PyGTA. We've run into the same issue at multiple clients and while the "right" solution would likely be to make easy_install/distutils record the information, I've spent way ...
- July 2, 2009
- July 4, 2009
- July 8, 2009
- July 10, 2009
- July 11, 2009
- July 12, 2009
- July 18, 2009
- July 20, 2009
- July 21, 2009
- July 22, 2009
- July 24, 2009
- July 26, 2009
- July 30, 2009