Archives week 46 of 2006
Nov. 13, 2006 - Nov. 19, 2006
Reworking the refactoring of the system I got back on track and discovered that the design on Tuesday wasn't as bad as I'd thought. I'd obviously taken a step too far into abstraction, but the basic machinery (and the tables defining it) was a good approximation.
Anyway, I'm going to try ...!-->!-->
Yesterday I continued my refactoring of the ISP/VoIP billing and provisioning system... and went too far. I realised I went too far around 4pm, then stayed up past 2am trying to scale back to a reasonable change-set.
The problem basically was that I got so into the project that I started fixing every problem ...!-->!-->
After my week's "vacation" during which I basically did refactoring on OpenGL-ctypes I sat down this morning to work on the VoIP provisioning/billing project and thought "I have to fix this stuff". Basically there were issues introduced by the original spec that never got refactored because they were so deep in the assumptions ...