So I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on getting PyOpenGL and PyOpenGL Accelerate 3.1.4 out the door. Really, there is little that has changed in PyOpenGL, save that I'm actually doing a final (non alpha/beta/rc) release. The last final release having been about 5.5 years ago if PyPI history is to be believed(!)
Big things of note:
- Development has moved to github
- I'm in the process of moving the website to github pages (from sourceforge)
- Python 3.x seems to be working, and we've got Appveyor .whl builds for Python 2.7, 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8, 32 and 64 bit
- Appveyor is now running the test-suite on Windows, this doesn't test much, as it's a very old OpenGL, but it does check that there's basic operation on the platform
- The end result of that should be that new releases can be done without me needing to boot a windows environment, something that has made doing final/formal releases a PITA
Pingbacks are closed.