Archives June 30, 2004
So, once again, I managed to miss the window of opportunity for calling the chap who's running the hike. I considered calling at 18:19, but thought he'd likely be eating dinner, so I put the hiking schedule down in front of my workstation and promptly forgot it until 21:15.
Pulled the old 60GB drive and the original 256MB RAM module out of my workstation to put in Rosey's machine instead of her current drive. Accidentally tried one of the 512MB modules and discovered that they don't work with the older motherboard in the PIII machine.
Eventually the PIII will be the mail ...!-->!-->
Beyond UI cleanups and tracking down (or rather trying to track down) some bugs exposed during monkey-testing, I've been seriously pondering how to handle what amounts to a huge change in approach to the app without disturbing it too much just before the demo next week. Thing is, I would really like this approach ...
Found 3 trojans/virii so far in scanning the machine, and the thing is dog slow for just about every operation. Going to have to wipe it and rebuild it from scratch once I finish backing up the data. It's an Win2K box that's been sitting unprotected on the network (though behind a ...