Sometime on Saturday (or was that Sunday) I fixed a minor problem. Just refactoring away, found a bit of code that shouldn't be there, refactored it, moved onto the next thing that needed refactoring. I was working on the UI code at the time (which doesn't have a useful set of unit tests) and kept fixing things for a number of hours before I realised (sometime during dinner on Monday) that I'd gone a significant step "too far" in the refactoring.
The annoying thing is that it's now "right", the design is more elegant, easier to maintain, and is the direction I want to go, but I don't have enough coding time to finish it and get it tested and ready for Jan 1st without pushing myself rather harder than I'd like.
Oh well, back to it.
Pingbacks are closed.