Archives December 2006
I've been working without Eric on the workstation for a while now (due to build problems under Python 2.5)... or more accurately, I've not been working on the workstation much, partly because I didn't have Eric there. (Since the workstation is by far the most ergonomic place I have available to code (with the chairs ...
I've been working on merging the last month and a half of mainline changes into the restructured tree. It went very well for the most part, there were some changes from last month that caused a conflict or two, but nothing major, or so it seemed.
However, at some point during the merging I started ...!-->!-->
I'm basically finished working through the implications of the restructuring for the part that can be finished this year. Have now been going through and cleaning up test cases and porting changes from the HEAD into the development branch. It's been 1.5 months since I forked the code to work on this. A lot of ...
I use a script I wrote a while ago that produces Eric3 project files from checked-out SVN/CVS directories. It lets me use the command-line SVN/CVS operations (which I find more convenient than the Eric operations) then regenerate the project file. The SVN operations were provided by the pysvn wrapper... and thats where the problem was. ...
I just gave up on sleeping last night and kept pounding on the code. My hands aren't happy with me, but there are only a very small number of bits still to convert (as far as I can see). While I've been working I've also had the computer compiling Eric/PyQt/SIP/QScintilla (yay, it works, secret is ...
I seem to have fallen into a never-ending abyss of little fixes and an infinite regress of minor details. As I've been try to get back to stability I keep seeing little things that I know I should leave "broken", but "it'll only take 20 minutes"... which is turning this into a very long and ...
As I'm working over at Soni's I'm using her Sympatico DSL connection. It works reasonably fast when you're actually transferring a file, but DNS resolution takes 5 or 10 seconds. When every test makes 3 or 4 lookups you wind up with a very slow test suite.
What I'd really love is a system-level caching ...!-->!-->
Sometime on Saturday (or was that Sunday) I fixed a minor problem. Just refactoring away, found a bit of code that shouldn't be there, refactored it, moved onto the next thing that needed refactoring. I was working on the UI code at the time (which doesn't have a useful set of unit tests) and kept ...
Been trying to make this a productive weekend for the company. So far not going particularly well. Just sort of "lost" today with grocery shopping for dinner on Monday, little visits (spoiled a surprise gift because I thought that the recipients knew about it :( ), another shopping trip to get food for Soni's place, ...
I'm pretty close to blissing out... experimental music in huge doses is just the way to start the day. It's strange, but I almost feel like I'm growing as a person as I'm clearing out the backlog of email. Maybe it's just remembering the growth of working on the thesis, but whatever the reason it ...
- Dec. 3, 2006
- Dec. 4, 2006
- Dec. 5, 2006
- Dec. 6, 2006
- Dec. 8, 2006
- Dec. 9, 2006
- Dec. 12, 2006
- Dec. 13, 2006
- Dec. 15, 2006
- Dec. 16, 2006
- Dec. 19, 2006
- Dec. 22, 2006
- Dec. 23, 2006
- Dec. 27, 2006
- Dec. 28, 2006
- Dec. 29, 2006
- Dec. 30, 2006
- Dec. 31, 2006