I used to love listening to Brave New Waves on CBC 2 when I was writing my thesis. Tonight I tried Amarok for the first time, and as I was going through the stations I noticed that there was no CBC 2 stream.
Checking the CBC, their CBC 2 OGG stream still isn't working (it ...!-->!-->
I've just moved the (rather small set of) tests in OpenGL-ctypes into a unittest test case. Discovered in doing that that the nurbs and evaluator code is working on the laptop (just doesn't show up in the real-world tests, suggesting that there's a problem in the setup there). Reinforces the idea that it's the amd64 ...
Sat down to write a test for the evaluator code. I'd gotten it to the point where it didn't crash the program a while ago, but it was not showing up in the tests/demos. Whittled down one of the tests into a simple unittest, getting rid of textures, lighting, etceteras, but couldn't come up with ...
Have made no progress all day. Obviously my mind is trying to run away from the problem, which suggests I may need to give it a few hours to percolate and work on it tomorrow morning before I start the PyOpenGL work.
Focusing on real work these days. Spent most of yesterday on the restructuring of the VoIP billing system. Got all save two of the test cases for discounts working, they both exercise the same missing feature (date-matching).
I've been procrastinating all morning in the hope that it will just go away :) . Guess I ...!-->!-->
I'm still seeing failures in OpenGL-ctypes in the nurbs and evaluator calls. I've traced through them, compared them to C versions of the code and have basically run out of reasons for it to fail. What I'm left with is the possibility that I've started tickling a ctypes-on-amd64 error or that I'm doing something monumentally ...
My workstation has been stuck in a quasi-working state for a long time now (a month?). Basically I updated to Python 2.5, then tried to update to Eric4 since Eric3's dependencies wouldn't build on Python 2.5. The Eric4 thing never worked, so I removed it. A little later when KDE 3.5.5 was marked stable on ...
I did some patches months and months ago to make FontTools use numpy to extract font data (outlines and metrics) from TTF font files. However, I messed something up in the patch. The system would render characters, but they seemed to be random characters and they were way too widely spaced.
Yesterday when I sat ...!-->!-->
My proposal for a talk at PyCon got accepted, but almost every comment was of the form "Oh, I guess so, but we'd rather just hear about ctypes". So I suppose I'll re-think the talk to just be about ctypes and ignore the whole OpenGL thing. My proposal was more along the lines of "when ...
- January 2006
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- June 2006
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- November 2006
- December 2006