Archives week 40 of 2006
Oct. 2, 2006 - Oct. 8, 2006
I've converted the VRML97 scenegraph accellerator modules to use numpy (preferred) or Numeric. I also discovered a subtle import error, I had used from
ctypes import * in one of the modules and as a result it was shadowing a Numeric/numpy function (resize). I'll have to go through and eliminate all
from ctypes import * ...
We had our first session with the puppy trainer this evening. Biggest revelation for me is that you can demand far more from the puppy than I'd expected. I'd somehow understood that you had to wait until they are 4 or 5 months before you start demanding close-leash walking and the like. She demonstrated that ...
The proximate failure on Win32 appears to be a problem with how distutils handles "spawning" processes. If I replace the spawning code with os.system calls then SimpleParse builds correctly from distutils.
However, there's no Numeric for Python 2.5 against which to build, and I eventually just got tired of trying to figure out what I ...!-->!-->
Piling stones one atop another
Is not my gift
Nor training dull machines
What I offer is my sight
Showing patterns hidden in problems
Of stones piled one atop another
Sometimes little chipmunks
Wonder if they should probe
Random nuts lying abandoned
On industry's busy sidewalks
The heat got turned on in the building a few days ago. This is one of those old buildings that doesn't have individual apartment control of the (steam) heat so they have to turn the temperature up so that the coldest apartment in the building has a reasonable temperature. Unfortunately that means that many of ...
I want to be with you
Because when you are gone
Bitter tears will streak my face
And I will curse not being there
Yet somehow this cold world
Does not allow excuses
As trivial as life and death
To interfere with daily drudgery
Managed to convince the MSToolkit toolchain to create a binary for SimpleParse, though it required manually copying the individual commands distutils was spitting out and running them from the command line. Bah.
Apparently the MSToolkit as I have it set up always tries to run the linker and fails. There is also some problem with ...!-->!-->