Archives September 2005

Probably need to fork mxTextTools (Need the non-recursive rewrite to be part of the SimpleParse distro...)

I've been waiting a long time for mxTextTools 2.1, and I guess I have to accept that it's not going to move forward and take it under my own (rather over-crowded) wing if SimpleParse is going to move forward.

I'd really rather not, but a patch-set for a multiple-years-old "experimental" release that's only linked from ...

Continue reading

Pause before the last big feature (Stabilising the code for a few weeks)

Well, today was (almost) the end of the first work-week under the new schedule. I spent the bulk of the day on cleanup and fixes, this is mostly because I'm expecting the next big task to take a few weeks, and I don't want to be backtracking to fix things in the meantime.

That big ...

Continue reading

Further through proportion (Alberti to the fall of proportion...)

Van der Laan's Plastic NumberDoing a bit more reading after work. Basically moving through the Renaissance up to the Baroque. I'm going to have to go back and do some analysis of the various proportional schemes. Wish I had a decent 3D modeller (i.e. one that worked like 3DSMax or AutoCAD), I'd like to produce something similar to the ...

Continue reading

Little bits and pieces all day (Cleaning up after construction...)

Spent the day on Cinemon cleanup and tightening. Nothing dramatic, just little ducts and wires poking through the finish that needed to be poked back in behind the plaster.

I finished the TAL-to-Nevow conversion for the modems page, then made a Content adapter that allows the Content page-fragments to be rendered directly as though they ...

Continue reading

First day of the new schedule (Makes for a very long day, even with a pleasant dinner...)

I'm trying out a new work schedule this week. Basically I'm working an extra 2 (billable) hours/day and taking both Friday and Saturday to work on the thesis. There's not much else to say about the day, most of it was project management, testing, and minor tweaks/fixes. The last 3.5 hours was taking in an ...

Continue reading

Oh, right, PyOpenGL (I did a few minutes of that this afternoon)

I fixed the longstanding bug in PyOpenGL where it fails when used with py2exe because of Tarn's "version" file. PyOpenGL's C configuration code uses that file and I've always broken something or other when I change it, so I now just read it and create a file that is imported at runtime.

Daily archives

Previous month

August 2005

Next month

October 2005