Archives week 1 of 2005
Jan. 3, 2005 - Jan. 9, 2005
Wound up taking almost 3/4 of an hour explaining a new (heuristic) feature (that triggered a little too readily last night) to Bryan in email (and coming up with a way to improve it as I did), so not as much of the "what's in the box" document as I'd planned, but I did get ...
Spent an hour or two on OpenGLContext last night. In particular, generalised the OrientationInterpolator code into a generic Interpolator and sub-classes for position, colour, scalar, orientation, and coordinate interpolators. Only VRML97 interpolator node still missing is NormalInterpolator, which is both very rare and a bit of a pain to create (because it requires a quaternion ...
I know I did work today, but given that length of time spent, it doesn't seem like much. Wound up having interruptions (D'Arcy's call, Tim's visit and the management meeting) that kind of chopped the day into little fragments (I don't work well when there's someone in the room, I'm just driven to talk to ...
Had to sleep for 3 hours or so to give my hands a chance to rest, but then I sat down to work on OpenGLContext. Decided that the most important issue was the lack of easily accessible animated content, so set about fixing that.
The TimeSensor node is basically just a wrapper around the Timer. ...!-->!-->
Today was all about tweaking email and trying to get it to the point where alerts are not flooding the users, but are also not delayed so much for consolidation that they're pointlessly late (getting a message that says, in effect, "your CMTS crashed 30 minutes ago" isn't much help).
Along the way I burned ...!-->!-->
Bryan remarked on slow changes to the online views after the offline event yesterday. It's an artefact of our (delicately balanced) scanning method, which tries to make sure that we're not overloading the processor or network while still trying to quickly report changes to the status of groups in the network.
Problem is, it doesn't ...!-->!-->
Improving demo-ing capabilities and handling CMTS failures and resets was today's focus. Nothing spectacular, just hooking up code in MockCMTS such that it can be accessed when the application is running in demo mode and then providing a UI for it.
The demo ui stuff showed a number of problems in how the MockCMTS works ...!-->!-->
Natasha and I have known each other for 11 years now. I still don't know the precise day of her birthday. I remember when it is (somewhere between the 4th and the 6th). The problem is that I got it wrong for 4 or 5 years (and always wind up seeing her on days that ...